Starting today, we’ll begin shipping a version of U-Boot based on main-line 2013.07.
This release is fairly close to main-line U-Boot, but adds support for our Nitrogen6_Lite and other custom boards.
New features include:
- Disables virtual memory before executing go. This is needed for launching Windows Embedded.
- Adds the mtest (memory test) command to our configurations.
- Boot scripts now blank unused frame-buffers 0-3
- Changes CAS latency to address an obscure error during startup of Timesys images when no displays are connected
- Fixes HDMI output through reboot. See this comment for details.
You can grab a binary package that includes support for all of our boards here:
If you extract the content to an SD card, you can upgrade like so:
U-Boot > bootfile=u-boot.nitrogen6q ; run upgradeu
Refer to this post for more detail.