This is a short post that’s more of a re-tweet and a Thank you note than anything.
Dr. V. Kamakoti and the team at the RISE Lab at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras recently configured a Nitrogen6X board to use the High Availability Boot or Secure Boot features of the i.MX6 processor.
They were also kind enough to share their work through i.MX Community.
You can download their notes here:
For additional information, please refer to these documents and packages from Freescale:
- the Freescale i.MX6 Security Reference Manual (IMX6DQ6SDLSRM)
Secure Boot on i.MX50, i.MX53, and i.MX 6 Series using HABv4
- i.MX Trust Architecture presentation
- Secure Boot on i.MX Community
- Freescale Code Signing Tool for High Assurance Boot
- i.MX Security Technology – White Paper
Securing the boot process can be a daunting task. The Freescale reference manual does a great job of detailing all of the components, the paper from the team at IIT Madras helps to consolidate the information and give a practical example of its’ use.