In the last two weeks, Freescale has released two new updates for i.MX6:
- Linux sources – In Freescale jargon, the L3.0.35-12.09.03-GA release is the non-
Android flavor of Linux sources, and includes a new LTIB distribution and a new Ubuntu Oneiric
- Android sources – Release imx-android-r13.4-ga is an update to the 13.4-beta
release we we described last month.
As usual, we’ve published our updates to both kernel branches to GitHub:
- Non-Android kernel – using branch boundary-L3.0.35_12.09.01_GA, and
- Android kernel – using branch boundary-imx-android-r13.4-ga.
We’ve also added minimal support for the Nitrogen6X board. If you’re asking why we say minimal, read this post. Main-line U-Boot is ready for early adopters in the in the nit6x_prerelease branch of our u-boot-imx6 tree and our efforts are focused there.
The new U-Boot branches are also now up on GitHub:
- Android U-Boot version is available in boundary-imx-android-r13.4-ga, and
- The non-Android U-Boot version is available in boundary-L3.0.35_12.09.03_GA
If you’re asking why there are different versions of U-Boot for Android and non-Android use, you probably want to stick with the version you’re currently running. The short answer is that features like Android fastboot are available in the Android branch, but not in the non-Android branch. Some more commentary is available in this post.
Hang tight for some more posts related to these releases. We’ll be putting some images on-line in coming days. If you need access to them, shoot us an e-mail. We’ll need to have you sign-off on a license agreement through e-mail, since we’re not yet in a position to offer this as a click-through web page.