For this demo, we simply use:
- A Nitrogen8M platform
- Our 7″ 1280×800 display
- Adapted to work with the board MIPI-DSI output
This video shows different aspects of the platform:
- Graphics performances
- OS UI and Qt5 apps all leverage the GC7000Lite GPU for better performances
- Multimedia performances
- Decoding a 4K video (James Bond trailer)
Some Antutu benchmarking will be made in the coming weeks to compare the performances against GC2000 (i.MX6Q) and GC3000 (i.MX6QP) GPU used in our previous platforms.
For those interested in software details, this demo is using:
- Android Oreo 8.1 (imx-o8.1.0_1.3.0_8m-ga)
- Kernel 4.9.x from Boundary Devices
- Vivante driver v6.2.4.p1
The Android BSP is already available but isn’t ready for prime time just yet.
For the curious that still want to build that version not fully tested, here is the manifest:
Stay tuned for more updates on this exciting new platform.
As usual, feel free to comment in the section below!