The new image combines the Freescale Oneiric image with our 4.0.0 kernel build + modules and bootscripts. For windows users we have an SD card image that can be used with a tool created by Alex Page. See here for an example of using the tool with a compressed image.
- GPU acceleration is installed and working. HD video plays smoothly.
- X and X applications are not accelerated. The GPU demos in /opt/opt/viv-samples/ use the linux framebuffer (fbdev) not X.
- When using it from an SD card it boots and runs a little slowly but running it from a SSD it’s boots twice as fast and is very reasonable to use.
- The root user has no password.
- The password for the linaro user is linaro.