Note: This image has been taken off-line because it’s been superseded.
Please use this tar-ball instead.
You can download it from here:
The changes made to the Freescale image are all relatively minor but still worth mentioning:
- We installed our kernel and modules, and
- We added a boot script as discussed in this post., and
- We edited /etc/profile to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as discussed in this comment, and
- We added firmware for the wl1271 WiFi module into /lib/firmware to allow use of Wi-Fi on the Nitrogen6X, and
- We configured networking for eth0 using DHCP in /etc/rc.d/rc.conf, and
- We removed fslgnome from cfg_services_r in /etc/rc.d/rc.conf/etc/rc.d/init.d/fslgnome doesn’t handle the stop command, the reboot process is held up otherwise, and
- We added a password for the root user (“Boundary”) so you can log in over SSH.
To use this release, you can create a single-partition SD card using the ext3 filesystem
and extract it there:
~/$ sudo tar --strip-components=1 -C /media/boot -zxvf ER6-1208-Beta.tar.gz
- console – normally console=ttymxc1,115200 to output kernel messages to the serial port.
- video – See this post for details.
Here’s how I tested against HDMI:
U-Boot> set bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 U-Boot> set bootargs $bootargs video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080@60,if=RGB24 U-Boot> saveenv && reset
Check out the comments in our earlier post for some of the things supported in this release.