Be a Part of the BD Team!
Here at Boundary Devices, we strive to create a culture of innovation and empowerment for our team. We value the happiness, well-being, and success of our teammates above all else, and so we are constantly striving to find new ways to support our team and improve the employee experience. We are looking for self-driven, ambitious and innovative candidates to join our growing team!
Position: Operations Associate
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 12:00pm -8:00pm
Pay Range: $21.34- $25.11 per hour.
Summary: Under direct supervision, the Operations Associate performs clerical tasks in the production control, planning, and distribution function.
- Examines documents, materials, and products, and monitors work processes, in order to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Sends weekly highlights to Contract Manufacturers.
- Assists with revisions to production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, purchasing, and engineering.
- Records production data, including volume of single-board computers and system-on-modules, and quality control measures.
- Calculates figures such as required amounts of labor and materials, manufacturing costs, and wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
- Distributes production schedules and work orders to departments.
- Compiles information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, and customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
- Abides by all safety and quality practices.
- Other duties as required by Production Supervisor.
- Basic knowledge of ERP systems
- Organization skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Laird does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Our Core Values
Perks of Working With a Small Business
Perks of Working With Us
Benefits of Working Here
I’ve always wanted to work with embedded systems and working here has given me the opportunity to learn more about these technologies that have always fascinated me.
What I really enjoy about working at Boundary Devices is that they always manage to make me feel like a valued employee. They never treat me like I’m just another cog in the machine, and I always feel like they see me and the value in what I do.
The best part about working here is that the environment is so fast-paced. There’s always something to be done which makes the days fly by quick. They also are very understanding and supportive and are able to help accommodate a flexible schedule whenever needed.
In Response to COVID-19
Despite the many challenges that the global pandemic has brought on, Boundary Devices continues to remain operational. The health and safety of our team is our highest priority and as such we have added extra precautions to protect their well-being.
- Approximately 50% of our team is working remotely on a full-time basis
- The rest of the team wear masks in the office
- We have a restricted visitor policy
- Employee work stations have been reconfigured to ensure proper social distancing at all times
- Limited usage of communal areas such as the break room
- Cleaning crew that disinfects all surfaces each day