The Nitrogen6X is a highly integrated single board computer based on the next generation ARM-Cortex A9 processor from Freescale, the i.MX6.
Kit includes 5V Power Supply, 4GB microSD card with Linux OS, and Serial Console Cable.
Orderable Part Numbers:
The i.MX6 processor sports a wider and faster memory bus (64-bit DDR3 1066), integrated HDMI, Gigabit ethernet and additional display channels with a high level of integration. The Nitrogen6X single board computer was designed to take advantage of the powerful features of the i.MX6.
The Nitrogen6X is a single board computer that can be used for both development purposes or mass production. The board allows customers to evaluate the i.MX6 processor before committing to a custom design. The Nitrogen6X has also been designed for mass production use with a guaranteed 7-10 year life span, FCC Pre-scan results, and a stable supply chain.
The Nitrogen6X is available with a variety of accessories including: 5MP OV5642 Camera, 7” 800×480 TTL display with 4-wire resistive touch, 7” 1024×600 LVDS display with PCAP multi-touch, Android Button board, and more.
Here are additional highlights of the board:
- i.MX6 Quad-Core ARM® Cortex A9 processor at 1GHz
- 1GBytes of 64-bit wide DDR3 @ 532MHz
- Board Dimensions: 4.5″ x 3″
- 2MB Serial Flash
- Three display ports (PRGB,LVDS,HDMI)
- Parallel camera port with OV5642 Interface
- Multi-stream-capable HD video engine delivering 1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode and 3-D video playback in HD
- Superior 3-D graphics performance with quad shaders for up to 200 Mt/s
- Separate 2-D and/or Vertex acceleration engines for an optimal user interface experience
- Serial ATA (SATA)
- Dual SDHC card slots
- PCI express port
- Analog (headphone/mic) Audio
- 10/100/1G Ethernet with Optional Power over Ethernet support (Contact us for POE versions)
- 2 RS-232 Serial ports
- 10-pin JTAG interface
- 3 High speed USB ports (2xHost, 1xOTG)
- CAN port
- Real Time Clock
- TiWi 802.11 b/g/n WiFi+BT optional
- Supports Android 4.3,Embedded Linux, and WinCE7.0 Operating Systems
- Industrial Temperature Versions Available
- Custom Versions Available
Hardware User Manual Rev 1.2
Commonly Used Peripherals for J5, J14, and J15
Microphone for J9
For general software information or software-related questions, please see our blog.
Frequently asked questions
Current Linux kernel source(s)
Current Boot Loader source code